FlyFPVSA COVID-19 Race Rules and Regulations (COVID-19)
- FlyFPVSA will adhere to all usual racing rules and regulations.
- FlyFPVSA will adhere to all the normal club’s rules and regulations.
- FlyFPVSA will adhere to all clubs COVID-19 Action plans except for the number of competitors permitted which may exceed the club’s COVID-19 Action Plan stipulations.
- FlyFPVSA will appoint a COVID-19 Safety officer at all its races.
Duties of the COVID-19 Compliance Officer:
The duties of the COVID-19 Compliance officer is to learn an apply the National COVID-19 rules and regulation in regards to “Social Flying” at SAMAA Registered COVID-19 Clubs, the FlyFPVSA COVID-19 Compliance officer will study and apply all of the clubs new COVID-19 safety rules and regulations and will be responsible to communicate with the clubs appointed COVID-19 Compliance officer as well as the race director. The race director and the COVID-19 Compliance officer will notify the club should any safety matters arise from an event held on the premises of the club. The safety Compliance will do his/her best to ensure the safety of all the pilots and officials.
Competitors and officials will adhere to the following:
- Club rules as well as COVID-19 rules and regulations will always be followed.
- All pilots and official will be required to fill in the clubs COVID-19 logbook/register, have their temperature taken and sanitise their hands-on arrival.
- Only pilots and race officials will be allowed to attend the competition. No spectators will be permitted.
- Any person not adhering to the club and COVID-19 rules and regulations will be dealt with as per club’s safety rules.
- Each pilot and official will bring his/her own face mask.
- Each pilot and official will bring his/her own hand sanitizer.
- Each pilot will be required to a 2-metre social distancing.
- Pilots will only be allowed to remove their mask when the pilot is situated in the pilot’s area and the pilot is getting ready to fly, this is to prevent the goggles from fogging up.
- Each pilot will have an area allocated which will meet the requirements for social distancing.
- Only 1 person is permitted to be in the rest rooms, should the rest room be occupied the pilot is required to wait outside till such time the rest room becomes available.
- Pilots are only allowed to move around between their allocated area, pilot’s area (When called for by the race line director), racetrack (When called for by the race line director) and bathroom.
- There will be 3 officials during a race, Race Director, Flight Line Director, COVID-19 Safety Officer.
- Officials will adhere to all the COVID-19 rules and regulations.
- Officials will be briefed prior to the event in all matters regarding the new COVID-19 rules and regulations and will assist the COVID-19 Compliance Officer should the need arise or if they notice any wrongdoing.
- Only 25 competitors will be permitted to enter per event on a first come first server basis.
- Any person not adhering to the COVID-19 rules and regulations will be dealt with as per club’s rules and regulations.
- FlyFPVSA officials will sanitize all equipment used that remains on the club’s grounds.
- If events are held at large clubs with separate areas for different disciplines competitors must maintain a 10m distance from all other club members that may be using other club facilities or flight lines.
Any pilot/official who tests positive up to two weeks after the event will be required to notify the race organizer(s) who will in return notify the club and SAMAA.
Rules and Regulations mentioned in this document will be applied as from the next official FLYFPVSA Regional or National Competition until it is deemed not necessary by SAMAA.